Saturday 26 February 2011

Bank trouble.

Everything has been going so well.  I've been feeling positive and happy and thinking 'great'!

Then I've had twenty four hours of total grief.  Started with shopping for some household essentials and getting my card declined.  I thought I had £100 in the bank so rushed home to check.

Basically due to a system error I have no idea when I will have access to this money, but it won't be this weekend.  I've spent all day yesterday and this morning phoning between a company I bought something from online who I have paid, their 'sister company' who are holding this money and my bank.  Nobody can help basically, just tough shit and you have to wait for it to become available again.

Now, for some people losing access to £160 for three or four days is probably no big deal, but as a result of this I have no money whatsoever.  I needed to buy nappies, deodorant along with various food items.  I can't now, and have no money for the whole weekend for anything. 

The uselessness of these companies, the probably ten pounds in calls to 0870 numbers, the time and stress has been just awful. 

Normally, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal but this really stressed me out yesterday to the point I stood in the garden  and just screamed at the top of my voice (god knows what the neighbours thought!!) with pure frustration and anger.

Then I felt down and miserable and stressed all day and all night and all this morning.  Maybe I'm ok if things are going ok but just can't handle anything rocking the boat. 

I'm trying to go easy on myself today and think I'll just chill out and read all weekend. 

Oh, my back is really painful today as unfortunately as I was trying to put a seat into the car yesterday my 16yo daughter shoved it down really hard and the heavy weight of it smacked into the top of my head.  For some reason my neck and back have been very painful since.

If I was a spiritual rather than agnostic person maybe I'd think that 'someone somewhere' is engineering things so I have to sit home on my own all weekend and do nothing!

So, from great to major stressed in only a few short hours.  Life on the merry-go-round continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your comments, advice and support.

R
xx